Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Is Dating dead in 2009?

Is dating dead in 2009? Well based on some of my experiences it seems to be. Whatever happened to meeting up and going to dinner or to the movies? It seems most guys today just want to meet freak then eat! Is this what we have come to? I was in a 7 yr relationship and was off the dating scene. But as I emerged from a bad relationship and put myself back on da market things have changed. Don't get me wrong as men we are sexual beings and we love having and thinking about sex. But I think we as black gay men do things backwards. Don't get me wrong I dont think there is a problem with sex on the first date. Its just what happens afterward. No one seems to want to date anymore. Yes people will put on their A4A, M4N or BGC profile that they are not looking for a relationshiop but if it happens they wont turn it away. WTF??? Is this not a contradictory statement? I think that if you are not looking for a relationhip that you should tell that to the other person upfront and not lead them on. Some people are looking to date or a relationship. If all you want to do is have a sex hookup then say that in the beginning I think you will be respected more if you put it on the table. Also, what the trend with this saying? "I'm just trying to do me right now" well if that is true then why are you on sex/social sites meeting people? If you are trying to do you, then do you! Don't try to bring others in your situation. Stop being scared of going on a date. It does not mean you are married. Chatting on the sites and on the phone is sometimes quite different in person. Oh and BTW when you say you are trying to get to know a person it does not mean just ion bed!! It means out in social settings, talking, and listening. Come on people..wassup!

No comments:

Post a Comment